Help the Centaurian raise funds for our print edition!

The Hottest New Museum is About the Cold War

Just recently Culver City has added a new attraction that is not only entertaining but also has educational value! The Wende Museum (pronounced “Venda”), has opened its doors to the public recently and is ready to share its collection of art and history from the Cold War! Such a collection consists of both historical pieces and pieces from modern artists that have a special connection to the time of the Cold War, which took place from 1947 to 1991. The Wende Museum focuses on the Eastern European part of the Cold War, offering a new perspective to the West to see different cultures during the War.
The Wende Museum has a variety of pieces on display, such as sections on the Space Race in Russia’s point of view as well as documents from East Berlin border checks. In the museum lies paintings that have been used to rebel against the norm and oppression during the Cold War as well as contemporary pieces from recent projects with artists showing a more modern view of the cold war.
The Wende Museum is still in the process of renovation and is pumping out new and exciting events for visitors that will be ready in the near future. Such would include an exhibit on Russian Soviet hippies as well as their beautiful garden that has yet to be completed. At the moment the garden is only half done and is open for those who wish to take a book off the many shelves of historical publications to read in peace and serenity. However, when the garden is complete it will also display 10 pieces of the original Berlin Wall that are at the moment displayed on Wilshire Blvd across from the LACMA. The website of the Wende Museum says that the original 10 pieces stand there temporarily to, “help conserve the Wall pieces and address the subject of surveillance in our lives.”
Make sure to stop by the museum after school one day as it’s just down the street on 1808 Culver Boulevard, right across from Veterans Park! It’s Open Friday through Sunday; from 10 am to 9 pm on Friday and 10 am to 5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The Museum also holds public tours on Fridays at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, and 6 pm, as well as Saturdays and Sundays at 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm.