Help the Centaurian raise funds for our print edition!

2020 Posse Scholars and the Posse Application Process

(From left to right) Elisa Ribordy, Brooklynn Hamilton, Breanna Moitt

CCHS gives a proud congratulations to the 2020 Culver High Posse Scholars, Elisa Ribordy, Brooklynn Hamilton, and Breanna Moitt!  

In order to apply, rising seniors can fill out a CCHS application form or can receive a nomination from a previous Posse scholar or school faculty member.
The Posse scholarship program is known to provide new friendships, connections, college and career resources, and college tuition to a select list of universities for their scholarship winners.
In the first round of the 3-step interview process, the initial interview is an exciting yet unconventional group meeting involving team work activities in order to sift out those who work well with groups and contribute to a positive atmosphere. Later, chosen applicants are asked to attend a one-on-one interview. The applicant pool is then narrowed down to a competitive group of about 20 students from each school who are asked to attend a final group interview about their views on the world. Out of the 20 Posse finalists from CCHS, three winners were picked.
Ribordy was awarded a full tuition scholarship to her chosen school of Hobart and William Smith Colleges of New York. At college, Ribordy is excited to not only attend a prestigious institution with Posse’s support group but to also become a politically active member on campus while discovering her career possibilities. Ribordy recommends anyone with leadership qualities apply to the program as Posse looks for a diverse group of leaders to award their scholarships to.
Moitt will be attending Middlebury College in Vermont with the scholarship awarded to her by Posse and is hoping to get into Medical School with help from the organization and the new connections she has made. Moitt notes that anyone with a drive and a passion to take a hold of their future, no matter their educational background, would be a perfect fit as a Posse applicant.
Hamilton, who has continued to follow her passion in medicine and community service by going on yearly Medical Missions, will be attending Tulane University in the 2021 school year with annual tuition paid for by Posse. She is most enthusiastic about the new opportunities, social network, and resources such as internships, that have been given to her by the Posse program. Hamilton hopes to attend medical school to become a surgeon as a career with a minor in business.