Zevi Eckhaus Receives D1 Scholarship

Megan Goss, Staff Writer

Culver City High School quarterback Zevi Eckhaus recently committed to Bryant University on a football scholarship. Receiving a full ride to a Division 1 school, Eckhaus said that he would like to thank “God, my mom, and my coaches” for his success throughout high school. 

Eckhaus joined the CCHS football varsity team as a freshman and has been the starting quarterback ever since. As a sophomore in 2018, he led the CCHS football team to its first CIF Division 7 championship win in 40 years. He and his team were named the Ocean League champions his junior year in 2019, and have now been named Bay League champions this year as well.

Although Culver City High School had a shorter football season this year due to COVID-19, Eckhaus was still able to achieve his goals. Recently he broke the school record for passing yards, now holding the title of all time passing leader with 9,422 yards. Playing in the Bay League for the first time this year, Eckhaus and the football team stripped Palos Verdes of their nine year reign as Bay League champions. He has done many interviews throughout his high school career and has even had a piece written about him in the Los Angeles Times. Eckhaus is grateful for his time playing football at CCHS and looks forward to his future in Rhode Island.