CCHS Girls Tennis Eyeing Playoff Berth

While many are still getting adjusted to the new school year, the CCHS girls’ season is already finished. The girls finished with 11 wins and 9 losses on the season. The team had one of their best seasons in recent memory and have put themselves in a great position to make the playoffs. 

One of the players, Bianca Egan, said: “The season has been good … we play in a really challenging league so we have a lot of hard matches that don’t really go very well, but I think one of our best moments was winning against Samo [Santa Monica High School].” 

The girls picked up many major wins this season, including beating rival Santa Monica High twice with a 13-5 victory over Samo on Oct. 23, their regular season finale. They also picked up a tight victory against Crossroads 9-9 in tiebreakers and nearly managed to beat a tough Palos Verdes team. 

Earlier in the season, Coach Murchison said that the goal for the season was to make the playoffs, and that making the playoffs would be extremely difficult in their tough league.

On Monday, Oct. 30, the girls will find out if they did enough to clinch a spot in the playoffs after their great season.