CCHS Hosts First Spring Club Fair

For the first time, Culver City High School hosted two Club Fairs in one school year. The first one occurred in the Fall Semester, as per usual, and the second one in the Spring Semester on Jan. 18, which was newly introduced this year. Located on the main grass area down the steps from the Peace Garden, many tables were put up to showcase all the clubs CCHS has to offer. Not only was this event held to attract new members, but also to show off some of the many achievements these clubs have achieved.

One club that has seen huge success is the Junior Class Council. While gaining many new members at the Club Fair, they were also able to raise over $13,000 for their upcoming trip to Knott’s Berry Farm over the past two years. However, what matters most to them is “to welcome even more students to Junior Class Council” according to the president, Kalia Lowitz.

Another highly successful club at CCHS is the Robotics Club. Team 702, the Bagel Bytes, design full-scale robots that are able to complete various tasks for their competitions. Their booth is hard to miss at the Club Fair, as they display some of their many grand creations, which always attract a huge audience.

One final club that has seen success, particularly through fundraising, is the Muslim Student Association. In the past semester, MSA was able to raise over $250 through a bake sale in order to collect money to donate in regards to a recent earthquake in Afghanistan.

With all of the wonderful clubs at CCHS, and the large number of people that showed up, it is safe to say that the first ever Spring Club Fair was a success.