Class Scheduling Fair: A Showcase of our Extensive Curriculum

Emaan Sheik

It’s been a while since CCHS has hosted a scheduling class fair, with the last one being before the pandemic. Nevertheless, this return was a success.

The scheduling fair, which took place on Feb. 9, showcased all the classes that are offered at our school. It provided students with the chance to view the assignments and projects completed by past course participants, have conversations with the instructors, and interact with the current class of students. This was beneficial as it gave an honest, real view of each course, making it easier for students who are unsure of their future class schedule. 

Not only did this fair present classes that have been here for years, but it also displayed new classes. Statistics for Social Justice is a new math class that is being offered the next school year, which exposes students to social issues through a mathematical lens. The CCHS handbook for the 2024-2025 school year states that students will use “statistical analysis learned in the course to analyze society and become critical about the injustices that certain individuals or groups face in their everyday lives.” 

Furthermore, Statistics for Social Justice is taught hand-in-hand with the new science course, Environmental Science for Social Justice. The course’s main goal is to encourage students to envision a different future and take steps toward social change. 

There are many more interesting courses that are being offered. For more information, check out the 2024-2025 Course Description Handbook that can be accessed at our school website, cchs.ccusd.org