I don’t know about you, but I’m always ready for the weekend. It can never come soon enough. Sometimes when it arrives you might feel like there isn’t anything to do. Whether it’s a nice relaxing day or a day of fun, you will find something to do here. So here 15 things to do on the weekend:
- Go see a movie
There is always a movie in theatres it’s a fun relaxing and inexpensive thing to do.
Recommended movie theaters:
- AMC Theater
- Cinemark Theaters
- Regal Theaters
- ArcLight theaters
- The Landmark in West LA
- El Capitan
Tip: -At AMC theatres, Tuesday tickets are less expensive all day
-Cinemark: all day Tuesdays and Sundays are less expensive
-Tickets for movies before 1pm (matinee) are less expensive
- Watch the Sunset/rise
Go for a nice hike somewhere. Here are some good places that I recommend to see the sunset or sunrise:
- Griffith Park Observatory
- Playa del Rey
- Manhattan Beach Pier
- Santa Monica Pier
- Eagle Rock
3. Go to a Museum or Zoo
Go to the the LA Zoo or go to a museum. We live in a city where there are so many interesting museums. Some of my personal recommendations, to name a few:
- Getty Villa
- Griffith Observatory
- Museum of ice cream( must make reservations for this one)
- Museum of Tolerance
- La Brea Tar Pits
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- Grammy Museum
4. Go to a Farmers Market
The farmers market is such a great place to be go on Sunday or Saturday morning to get some breakfast or handcrafted goods.
- Santa Monica Farmers Market Location: Arizona Avenue between 2nd and 4th Streets, Santa Monica, CA open open: Wednesday from 8:30am to 1:30pm, or Saturdays from 8:30am to 1pm.
- Mar Vista Farmers Market location: 3826 Grand View Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90066 open: Sundays 9:00am-2:00pm
- Studio City Farmers Market location: Ventura Place, Studio City, CA 91604 open: Sunday 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- Downtown LA farmers market. location: West 5th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013 open: Sunday 9:00am to 2:00pm.
5.Go to the Beach
We live in Los Angeles, it is literally a desert. To get cooled off, go to the beach!
- Santa Monica Beach
- Venice Beach
- Manhattan Beach
- Cabrillo Beach
- El Matador Beach
- Go Bowling
When in doubt go bowling! Bowling is always a fun activity to do with family or friends. It brings the competitive side out in everyone and it’s a fun bonding experience!
Check out these bowling alleys:
- All Star Lanes (looks like it came straight out of a ‘70s movie)
- Montrose Bowl (‘50 Styles bowling alley, oldest operating bowling alley in LA)
- Lucky Strike
- The spare room
- AMF Mar Vista Lanes
7.Go to theme park we are in a la a place known for awesome theme parks
- Knotts Berry Farm (one of the cheapest theme parks)
- Disneyland (super family friendly, might wanna save up for this one)
- Universal Studios (Movie magic! Take a tour see where the magic happens, walk through some amazing lands where TV comes to life)
- Six Fags (if you love roller coasters, you will love this place!)
- Legoland (in San Diego. You could do a quick weekend trip or comeback the same day. If you book the Legoland Hotel it is a truly amazing experience
- Plant a Garden
- Learn something new for example like a new skill like juggling.
- Cook for someone for your family, friends, etc
- Watch Netflix
We can’t forget about our all-time favorite Netflix a classic weekend experience
12.Do some volunteer work because I know we all need some volunteer hours. Volunteer at your local pet shelter, library, or homeless shelter.
- Go to some type of sports game
Currently football and basketball are in season. Go support our LA Lakers!
- Go to citywalk in Universal City go to the IMAX theatre.
15.Go shopping have some fun treat yourself you deserve it!