Senior Class Council: Making The Final Year Memorable

Senior Class Council Vice President Miles Katz-Facher (left) and President Bianca Egan (right)

Senior year is something that every student has been excited for — or at least thought about — since their freshman year, but especially the senior class of 2024, whose high school experience started with distance learning due to the pandemic. From Homecoming to Prom to walking across the stage and receiving a diploma, senior year is a time that students should always remember. To make this happen, the Senior Class Council produces countless activities for seniors to enjoy throughout the year and to look back upon after graduation. Some of these activities include Senior Sunrise, Grad Night, Senior Breakfast, and Senior Sunset. But who plans and organizes all the fun? What are their goals for the year? How are they going to make this year memorable?

The Senior Class President, Bianca Egan, is in charge of running the Senior Class Council, which organizes these events, informs the senior class about upcoming events, and represents the grade as a whole. Egan is excited to make this final year special since she has been “looking forward to it since freshman year.” Having also been class president in her freshman and sophomore years, Egan is using her leadership experience to create a great final year. She said she wants to get more members of the senior class involved in the Class Council and looks forward to “getting to meet new people and hear different voices” in the council and around campus.

The Senior Class Vice President, Miles Katz-Facher, is the second-in-command. Having been the class council Publicist during his freshman and sophomore years, Katz-Facher said he wants to expand his social circle. “Being involved, making a difference, and expanding the opportunity to collaborate with more people who have some of the same interests” are some of his and the Senior Class Council’s goals for this year. 

Senior Class Council is a great opportunity for students to get involved in planning senior-focused events and benefit the graduating class of 2024. The council meets on Mondays during lunch in Ms. Shakeri’s room, and Egan and Katz-Facher are eager for more students to join!