Another Busy Year for ASB

Bertrand Edwards

Throughout the past year, ASB has hosted numerous events, some traditional and some new.

One of ASB’s new events this year was the Centaur Olympics, where each grade level participated in multiple games and competitions throughout the year, such as a duck hunt and a basketball shoot-off. Ultimately, the sophomore class won it all, and they will be receiving a prize at the end of the year.

In addition, ASB hosted a Cultural Assembly in April, where CCHS’s many cultural clubs gave presentations for the whole school to hear. This included musical performances from Asian Cultural Union and La Fuerza, and insightful talks from groups like Jewnity, Muslim Student Association, and Tolerance Club, along with many more.

One of ASB’s returning events was the UCLA Blood Drive, where any CCHS student that met a number of requirements could participate in, which potentially could save up to three lives.

Another returning event was Culver Talks, which is CCHS’s version of a TED Talk, where several students and staff discussed various topics including stem cell meat, homework, entrepreneurship, and more.

A third recurring event was the 14th annual Culver’s Got Talent, where students and staff embraced their talents through many different acts, including singing, dancing, and even a yo-yo act that took first place.

A fourth recurring event was Spirit Weeks, where students and staff participated in days such as Pajama Day, My Type Day, Anything but a Backpack Day, and more. Some other recurring events that took place this year included Teacher Student Breakfasts, Holiday Grams, and Homecoming and its many festivities.

Overall, ASB hosted many events throughout the school year, allowing students and staff to build community and have a memorable high school experience.