Breaking News

The Centaurian

The Student News Site of Culver City High School

The Centaurian

The Centaurian

Culver City Music Puts on the Halloween Spooktacular

The music programs of Culver City High School put on their first of four concerts for the 2023-2024 school year on Oct. 25 at the Robert Frost Auditorium. The Fall Concert featured the Jazz Ensemble, Orchestra, and Vocal Ensemble, as well as the in-school CCHS Orchestra and Concert Bands. The theme for this year’s concert was “Halloween.” Before the concert, the students put on a carnival for elementary school students, which was a massive success. There were many fun activities, including a fishing game, a ball-in-cup guessing game, and bowling, all run by the students from across AVPA Music.

The students put on a real show for the children at the concert, performing all sorts of spooky songs such as the “Monster Mash” and “The Anguish of Nosferatu.” Film accompaniments went along with the songs by AVPA Vocal Ensemble and the Concert Band. The AVPA Orchestra combined with the Concert Band for two of their songs: Mysteria and The Highlights of “Harry Potter.”

More AVPA music concerts will be happening throughout the year, with the next concert — the Winter Concert — taking place Dec. 9.